Holidays Home Decoration Winners
1st Place – Kari Spears – 10007 Goose Landing Dr – $75 Gift Card
2nd Place – Jesse Stevens – 10006 Goose landing Dr – $50 Gift Card
3rd Place – Marquis Guase – 5115 Elementary View Dr – $25 Gift Card
Judging took place at 9:30 PM on December 14th with the winners selected be Officer D. Carlson CMPD, who provided security and traffic control for the Polar Express train and Conductor David of the North Pole Polar Express. Winners will receive their gift card prizes within the next ten days.
Thank you to everyone who decorated / participated in the neighborhood event! A special thank you to Veronica Hodges, who with her merry band of elves (along with a visit from Santa) made this a wonderful evening for everyone.
We would like to thank Cedar for their generous donation to assist with our holiday celebration (featuring the Polar Express).
We are looking for any interested parties for an Amenities committee! This group will help to formulate ideas, evaluate our options and make recommendations to the board for any future amenities based on your input. Please email the board of directions or reach out to any of the board members to let us know of your interest.
There are going to be 4 new LED streetlights installed in the coming weeks. There will be at the following locations:
– The community entrance
– Phase I of Elementary View Drive
– Pond Valley Court
– The intersection of Barefoot Forest Dr and Pond Valley Court
Be sure to save the date of December 14th for the Hucks Landing Holiday Gathering! The Hucks Landing Village Group has arranged for the Polar Express train to make stops within the community to pick up children and their parents and ride through the community the view the holiday decorations and drop off residents at Croft Community School for an evening of crafts, fun and food!
The following items have also been signed off on by the board and will be occurring over the next month.
– The removal of around 30 trees on Barefoot Forest and in the pond area. This is going to occur during the timeframe of Monday November 18th through Thursday November 21st from the times of 8 AM to 6 PM. We ask that residents drive cautiously at that time as there will be trucks, trailers and equipment coming in and going out during that time.
– We are in the process of reviewing fees that were charged to accounts improperly as well as well as how to resolve those matters. To that end, the board has stopped the addition of late fees and interest temporarily. Please be patient as we are in the process of reviewing all 170 accounts and determining what adjustments need to be made.
– We are also reviewing how violations are documented and the best wat to ensure the CCRs are enforced equally and fairly. Due to this review, we are not moving forward with any of the changes recommended by the CCR Review Committee. We will look to revisit the CCR topic in 2020.
– Finally, we have authorized development of a new Hucks Landing website that will be outside of any management company control. We are currently reviewing several different options that may also include a mobile app to keep residents updated on the go.